Monash Kanazawa In-country Program 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting together on the Mid Semester break?

5 posters

Go down

Getting together on the Mid Semester break? Empty Getting together on the Mid Semester break?

Post  Jacinda Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

I thew this out to the 7/8 but since we're all good friends (!!) I might as well make it big.

So Mid Sem Break. We have at least one precious day to do something right? I was thinking maybe lunch/dinner + karaoke combo or even just a simple lunch/dinner thing. Gimme your best dates closer to next week.

Jacinda

Back to top Go down

Getting together on the Mid Semester break? Empty Re: Getting together on the Mid Semester break?

Post  Joanne Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm up for some bonding Smile so we can know each other better before the trip Smile
karaoke sounds fun, gotta practice before we go to japan to sing XD
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

https://monashkanazawaprog08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Getting together on the Mid Semester break? Empty Partay?

Post  Nathan Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:22 pm

いい考えね!

Seems like the way to go!

I'll be turning 21 on the Saturday of the week off, so my weekend will be hotly contested between that and Grand Final. Maybe that's why I hate AFL.

Other than that, just give me a specific weekday and I'll be there. I'm going to take a guess and say I'll likely be free Mon-Thurs all day.

Oh, and though you will surely come to know me as the guy who laughs at himself harder than anyone else can, I draw the line at singing. Haha, can't do it, won't do it!

And to take a page out of Jacinda's book:

Jacinda wrote:Is there beer?
Nathan
Nathan

Back to top Go down

Getting together on the Mid Semester break? Empty Re: Getting together on the Mid Semester break?

Post  Michelle Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 pm

i will be working full day everyday during the mid-sem break though, the only free day i have is sunday, but then i have to do my assignment... >__>;...

dang it, have fun u guys >w<!

oh by the way, is anyone going to Manifest this year?

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Getting together on the Mid Semester break? Empty Funny you should ask.

Post  Nathan Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:43 am

Just today it would seem that I've been roped in for Manifest - a friend of mine is a friend of the AMV judge and happens to be on the panel, and he's asked me if I was interested in checking things out.

More on that as it comes up!
Nathan
Nathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Joanne Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:37 am

I really wanted to do some cosplay and stuff >< but I'm too busy with assignments and stuff
another anime convention i have to miss >< nooooo
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  osaka Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:43 am

...AHHH~~~...i wanted to go...but...i gotta work for some $$$$$ before i go to Japan...i wish money grew on TREES!!!...BUT, meeting up during mid-sem: ok desu...

osaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacinda Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

Michelle wrote:i will be working full day everyday during the mid-sem break though, the only free day i have is sunday, but then i have to do my assignment... >__>;...

dang it, have fun u guys >w<!

oh by the way, is anyone going to Manifest this year?

How does dinner sound? C'mon. You know you want to.

But either way we could still attempt to do it earlier (we have two weeks till thye break). What's the best day they usually have to bum around/go shopping.

ANYWAY GETTING BACK ON TOPIC.

Restaurant suggestions? If we get big enough for this, we probably want a place with a big volume but decent service (I hate being rudely interrupted by a lady who expects everyone to order 30 bucks a head).

And I'm no karaoke expert but top choice was K-box?

Jacinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:29 am

I only know two Japanese places: one that's local for me but probably miles away from you all that is cheap and very cozy (Japan Inn, Beaumaris), and an expensive but astoundingly good place in the city (called Teppanyaki - you'll never guess what they do there).

Alternately, we could just choose any cuisine.

For me, any weeknight except Friday would do. Sunday nights work as well, but I'm probably the only one who would want to go out and get stark raving drunk before a Monday session with Yano-sensei.
Nathan
Nathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacinda Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:35 am

Nathan wrote:I only know two Japanese places: one that's local for me but probably miles away from you all that is cheap and very cozy (Japan Inn, Beaumaris), and an expensive but astoundingly good place in the city (called Teppanyaki - you'll never guess what they do there)

Well the best way would be city since no two of us live in the same suburb. But it doesn't have to be Japanese specific unless we're that overeager (you could always do Ajisen Ramen since they can be fairly cheap. Not owned by Japanese but it's an easy choice).

Or we could do Korean at the one in china town that just opened up - they're pretty average but not too cheap.

Or dumplings!

PS. Nate - Everyone sings. You're practically not allowed to be in the program anymore if you don't sing.

Jacinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 pm

i live like 30-45 minutes from uni and more than an hour to city XD;.. and i don't really want to take a train at night ^^;..

i will be pretty busy with the next two Sundays since i am volunteering in Manifest (need tranings on Sunday) and unfortunately those are the only DAYs that i am free in the week...

I don't think i can join the dinner... Maybe after the exams we can meet up too? (which will be harder since most of the people will be oversea by then >__>;..)

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Joanne Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:54 pm

im free in nov, cus i have no exams by then XD so when r u guys finishin ur exams?
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:07 pm

my last exam will be on 30/10/08. i will be free after that (if i don't have to work extra)

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacinda Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:08 pm

My last one is 14th November. But they're a week in between so a crazy night is harmless.

Jacinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:24 pm

lol cool =D!

by the way, how's the application going? i totally gave up on mine (brain dead atm) i will continue it after work tomorrow XP~

and gawd, i never thought Japan Rail Pass is so expensive =__=!

and darn the crappy exchange rate, i should have bought US$ 2 months ago >x<!

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacinda Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks to the meeting today, 25th Thursday was chosen because it's almost pre mid-sem break so we can avoid being stuck in the rut of too many assignments and too little time.

Jacinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Joanne Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 am

Ill bring the chips Razz
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down