Monash Kanazawa In-country Program 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break...

2 posters

Go down

Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break... Empty Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break...

Post  Joanne Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 pm

GET UR BOOKINGS/ACCOMMODATION DONE NOW affraid

Reason being that I have been planning my Christmas break with my friends in Tokyo, Fully or mostly booked Shocked
was sooooooo difficult to find anything else that wasn't a dormitory, and had own bathrooms Razz but I got it all done and booked today Laughing

Guys and gals, pls get ur bookings done now or you'll be stayin with ur homestay for Christmas/New Yr! (Not all that bad I know Razz)
However, I don't think the places will be booked up after our program Smile so just settle ur christmas break first k? bom
Gd luck if ur tryin to find a place for the break!
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

https://monashkanazawaprog08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break... Empty Re: Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break...

Post  Michelle Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:54 am

omg are u serious? i am planning to go to tokyo during the 1 week break =x... guess if it is fully booked, i will just go around Kanazawa instead ^^;.. can't really be bother planning the trip at the moment, have to do last minute studies for exams >x<!!

So how many days will u be spending in Tokyo? the whole week? can i tag along for a few days? 0w0~

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break... Empty Re: Hey ppl if ur thinking of goin to Tokyo during that Christmas/New Year break...

Post  Joanne Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I'll b stayin at Tokiwa hotel, from 26th december til 3rd Jan (hopefully i got the dates right)
Tried to find a ryokan, but the price of a triple room at a budget place = price PER PERSON for one night at traditional ryokan with ONSEN Sad

However, Tokiwa hotel's closed on 31st dec so u might have to find somewher else, but shld b easy cus its only one date Cool

Last edited by Joanne on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:55 am

DO u know when is our one week break?

How much is the hotel per night? what will you guys be doing in Tokyo? 0w0~

by the way, are u going to get the railway pass?

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Joanne Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:29 am

Regarding the break, I'm using last year's schedule to check on how the dates were like
Last yr, the students had a break from 28/12/07 (Friday) til 06/01/08 (Sunday), a total of 10 days Razz
So I have planned my accomodation from 26/12/08 (Friday) til 03/01/09 (Saturday),
so even if there's a change in schedule Razz, the hostels/hotels will contact me one month before the schedules dates to confirm with me (no charges XD)

u mean buying a rail pass for when we arrive in Osaka for 1st time? i won't get a rail pass for tat period, since its 7 days for minimal period for JR pass
(unless I travel a lot from host family to school o_0)
I'll probably get one when I want to travel to Tokyo for Christmas/New Year break
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down