Monash Kanazawa In-country Program 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own?

3 posters

Go down

accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own? Empty accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own?

Post  Michelle Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:12 am

I've never ever been to Japan before, so i seriously need help in this to plan things out ^^;.

for those of you who have been to Japan before, what's the reasonable/ common price for hotels/ ryokans in Japan?

i've read through a couple travel booklet, it seems like $150-ish per night is like an average price?

and how are u guys planning to go around Japan? following a tour or go on ur own with a map?

thanks for the HELP!

Michelle

Back to top Go down

accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own? Empty Re: accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own?

Post  Joanne Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:58 pm

since the past few times (cept the last one) i've been on group, i prefer for a free and easy one, so we can travel ourselves and do our things Razz
I don't think it should be hard to get accommodation, although I don't know the price to stay one night for any area ><
but if u live in the cheapest hotel in ginza, tokyo, the bathroom can b VERY small for two ppl to share, even the beds r practically next to each other, u had to jump over em to get around the room ><
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

https://monashkanazawaprog08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own? Empty Re: accommodation's prices around Japan? Tour or on ur own?

Post  Jacinda Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Tours are a little pricey since they cater a lot to the foreigner aspect (like the national geographic where they'll take you to old buildings and tourist sites and go "oh look at the japanese people doing japanese things etc"). However it also depends on your personal preferences. If the only thing you've ever done is tours, it might be a slight shock (orientation, communication etc). But I find that it is very doable. I find with friends, a tour takes out the stress factor but if you can plan the trip in advance (accomodation, timetable and transport wise) it's VERY fun. 150+ up is a very generous leway (since it is holidays lol) for a two person stay. Of course booking online always chops off the price a bit compared to going to an agent. However, there are some good packages that do train + hotel so it's also worth checking out when we're there.

I have a lonely planet I'll bring tomorrow so we can check it out.

Jacinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Joanne Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:55 pm

oo i saw on a online blog, tis guy used lonely planet to travel in countryside japan, and got lost cus the bus he took (which the lonely planet guided him to) was wrong o_0 it's hard to know what is right or wrong ><
Joanne
Joanne
Admin

https://monashkanazawaprog08.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down